Famous bearer in modern times: American author Damon Runyon. The surname Damon was first found in Oldenburg, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. In German this name means "Demon".

Pythias returned just before Damon was to be executed in his place, and the king was so impressed with their … My older brother is named Damon and I've always been the jealous type of it. Damon is a masculine given name derived from Greek δαμαζω (damazo) meaning "to tame". Daman, Derived from Greek δαμάζω meaning "to tame". And Damon of Athens was the fifth century philosopher who taught both Pericles and Socrates.

I think it's pretty cool. From the classical myth, Damon and Pythias have become symbols of true friendship, as Damon risked his life to save his friend from execution. Copyright © 2020 SheKnows Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. According to Greek legend, Damon and Pythias were friends who lived on Syracuse in the 4th century BC. Damin, If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Damon, try our name generator. In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Damon is: Gentle. According to Greek legend, Damon and Pythias were friends who lived on Syracuse in the 4th century BC. In Greek legend Damon was a loyal friend of Pythias. This is the name DH and I chose if we ever have a son. © 2020 Nameberry.com. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Damon. In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Damon is: Gentle. Der Name Damon ist bekannt durch die antike Erzählung „Damon und Phintias“, in der es um loyale Freundschaft geht. Damone Makes me think of Damon Albarn of Blur, Gorillaz, etc.

Noun Names for the New Year: Dahlia, Deacon, Dior and Velvet: Alice, George & Charlotte: At Home in Hollywood or Buckingham Palace. I have friend named Damon but my Spanish teacher always pronounces and spells it as Damian. The name Damon means To Tame, Subdue and is of Greek origin. I love the way it rolls off the tongue and how it's so clear. The name Damon is a boy's name of English origin. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. From the classical myth, Damon and Pythias have become symbols of true friendship, as Damon risked his life to save his friend from execution. Die …

Damon Lindelof, television writer

Damon Hill, British Formula 1 driver (1990's) A. (Greek) I've always liked Matt Damon, and now love the idea of Damon being used as a first name. Other interesting associations: Damon Runyon wrote Guys and Dolls, Damon is one of the funny Wayans brothers, Damon Dash is a high-profile music exec, and Damon Salvatore is a key figure in The Vampire Diaries.

What are his siblings named? Damon is much better sounding. My name is Damon.

In Greek legend Damon was a loyal friend of Pythias. Damon Origin and Meaning The name Damon is a boy's name of English origin. A. I love it a lot! Famous bearer in modern times: American author Damon Runyon.

Damon Name Meaning. A personal favorite. Derived from the Greek Damianos, which is thought to be from damān (to tame). Damon Salvatore 'Vampire Diaries' Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Damon or Damen in Greek means "To Tame, Subdue." According to Greek legend, Damon and Pythias were friends who lived on Syracuse in the 4th century BC. When Pythias was sentenced to death, he was allowed to temporarily go free on the condition that Damon take his place in prison. Looking for the perfect name? Damon or Damen in Greek means "To Tame, Subdue." Pythias returned just before Damon was to be executed in his place, and the king was so impressed with their loyalty to one another that he pardoned Pythias. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!

Damon Wayans, comedian/actor Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC.

In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Damon is: Gentle. I love how to say it.

Every now and then, someone will say it as Damian. Know a Damon?
10 Baby Names We Hope We’ll Never See Again After 2020, This Couple Named Their Baby After Their Internet Provider, Delightful & Daring Baby Names That Start With the Letter ‘D’, Baby Boy Names With Serious Swagger for Your Tiny Badass, Modern Baby Boy Names Worthy of the Future.

I named my youngest son Damon after his father. Damon. Dafür ließ er seinen besten Freund Damon als Pfand bei dem Feind, dessen Leben auf dem Spiel stand, sollte er nicht zurückkommen. To tame. From the 13th century on the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the German nation. (Italian). These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Damon. Damon Werth 'NCIS character'.

Damon is a name with a strong, pleasing aura (much like the persona of Matt D.) and extremely positive ancient associations. Damon Quincy Alexander <3. When Pythias was sentenced to death, he was allowed to temporarily go free on the condition that Damon take his place in prison.

Als der Pythagoreer Phintias in Syrakus von einem Tyrann zum Tode verurteilt wurde, bat er um einen Tag, an dem er seine Angelegenheiten klären könne.

In Irish Baby Names the meaning of the name Damon is: Tame. Cool name and a nice alternative to Damien, Dimitri etc.

From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. When Pythias was sentenced to death, he was allowed to temporarily go free on the condition that Damon take his place in prison. Daymon, Daimon Damon Knight, American science fiction writer.

namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. As an English give…

Damon Albarn, lead singer of band Blur, also bands Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad and The Queen Damon is a name with a strong, pleasing aura (much like the persona of Matt D.) and extremely positive ancient associations.

Cyclocosmia Truncata For Sale, Manute Bol Height, Audi A4 Immobilizer Reset, Fear Of Balls, How To Tell Employees To Clean Up After Themselves In The Bathroom, How To Determine Car Radiator Size, Vin Baker 2k20, Games Like Jezzball, Ptsd Album Cover Faces, Slag Glass Lamp, Golden Ratio Face Template Transparent Female, Yahweh Egyptian Moon God, Gta Online Best Small Warehouse, Zachary Solomon, Md, Apple Print Ads 2020, Tom Brady Dead Or Alive, Pepsi Nutrition Facts 8 Oz, Duck Bath Rug, Greg Lauren Paintings, Ronda Fox Age, Kill It With Fire Wiki, Decoracion De Globos Para Matrimonio Civil En Casa, Rachel Ward Net Worth, Ryan Fitzpatrick Teams Played For, Myra Name Meaning In Telugu, Lowe's Cio Salary, Cruz De Caravaca Amuleto, Orra Maude Cody Cause Of Death, Sonia Beeksma Facebook, Ball Dance Ffxiv, Shawn Holley Net Worth, Are Frilled Lizards Legal In California, Pan Flute Songs, Wyrmwood Location Dq11, Conclusion For Carbon Footprint Essay, Marina Abramovic Lady Gaga, What Note Is The Fifer Playing,