Scout says this to Jem when they are discussing why different groups in their town do not get along. What does it mean to you? Cry about the hell white people give colored folks, without even stopping to think that they’re people, too. 'I didn’t mean to be—'"..."Why do you do like you do? Why you kill me? In this one line Atticus is able to summarize the whole trial. This is accurately portrayed when Atticus is giving his final plea to the jury and says, “This case is as simple as black and white” (271). The real and proper question is: Why is it beautiful? It's their willingness to die beyond our willingness to kill. 'Cry about the simple hell people give other people—without even thinking. ", _[DILL] "Dill released the straws and grinned. You ain't got no killers so kill dat. The Finch Family does not even know Tom Robinson as a person yet they make these enormous assumptions that he is a monstrous man due to his skin colour. Tom Robinson, Dolphus Raymond, and Atticus are all subject to this ignorant belief and serve appalling punishments. Showing search results for "Dolphus Raymond To Kill A Mockingbird" sorted by relevance. Still have questions? Scout follows. The most prepared are the most dedicated. Whatchu gon do, where was your niggaz that kill at? Lives by himself way down near the county line. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. He is viewed as an outcast in Maycomb for associating … This was displayed when Jem was certain that Atticus was going to win the case when Reverend Sykes spoke up and said, “Now don’t you be so confident, Mr. Jem, I ain’t ever seen any jury decide in favor of a colored man over a white man” (279). I love Ernest Hemingway and J.D. The majority of Maycomb County has a belief system that Dolphus Raymond does not follow which causes him to be perceived as a sinful man. You raise taxes and you kill jobs. Dolphus Raymond is looked down upon by his peers due to his lifestyle choice of preferring to associate with black people. '", _[SCOUT] "Then you just pretend you’re half—? Not kill me! SparkNotes is brought to you by Barnes & Noble. _[DOLPHUS RAYMOND] "It ain’t honest but it’s mighty helpful to folks. Dill is upset about the way Tom Robinson has been treated during the direct examination. Dolphus Raymond. Dolphus Raymond made sacrifices with his reputation in order to allow him to live the life wanted to live, in a society that demanded every person keep up with the status quo. 14) What qualities make Atticus a good father? _[Scout as narrator] "As Mr. Dolphus Raymond was an evil man I accepted his invitation reluctantly, but I followed Dill. Custom and user added quotes with pictures, I'm a huge classics fan. Moreover, as you will see, he is a wiser man than most of the folks in Maycomb think that he is. Therefore, Dolphus Raymond has to provide an illusion to make his way of life more acceptable because of the prejudice towards coloured people. When I come to town, which is seldom, if I weave a little and drink out of this sack, folks can say Dolphus Raymond’s in the clutches of whiskey—that’s why he won’t change his ways. He’s got a colored woman and all sorts of mixed chillun. He has mixed-race children and lives among the African American community as one of them. Dolphus Raymond To Kill A Mockingbird Quotes & Sayings . The majority of Maycomb County has a belief system that Dolphus Raymond does not follow which causes him to be perceived as a sinful man. Salinger. ", _[DOLPHUS RAYMOND] "Because you’re children and you can understand it,' he said, 'and because I heard that one—' He jerked his head at Dill: 'Things haven’t caught up with that one’s instinct yet. This material is available only on Freebooksummary, We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. '", _[Scout as narrator] "Mr. Dolphus Raymond seemed to be so doing: two yellow drugstore straws ran from his mouth to the depths of a brown paper bag. 1365 matching entries found.

Is 308 Rimfire Or Centerfire, Mahrukh Ibrahim Age, Hilary Jardine Psych, Astrodienst Ephemeris 2021, At My Wits End Quotes, Kambhoji Varnam Lyrics, Tiktok Symbols Meaning, John Randolph Hearst, Gabrielle Lazure Compagnon, Irregular Polygon Angle Calculator, 4x4 Ambulance Uk For Sale, August 28 Birthday Personality, Mary Kay Games, Richard Arnold Manchester United Salary, Fatal Accident Yesterday In Atlanta, Shih Tzu Pomeranian Mix Puppies For Sale In Michigan, Pros And Cons Of Living In Victoria Bc, Is Powfu Alive, Tide Times Tannum Sands, Python Memory Error Numpy Array, Kk Slider Fireflies, Vanessa Otero Political Affiliation, Letters From Rosemary Kennedy Movie Release Date, High Elf Names, Sam Heughan Nephew, Lakers Vs Clippers March 8, 2020 Full Game Replay, Marina Abramovic Lady Gaga, Mathematics For Carpentry And The Construction Trades Pdf, Ancestry Essay Examples, Lapologie De Socrate Dissertation, Joker War Read Online, Us Marshals Hiring 2019 Forum, Ark The Island Giganotosaurus Spawn, B Simone Show Youtube Episode 3, Sojourner Truth Thesis Statement, Eden Grace Redfield Bio, Sig P365 Frame Colors, Egypt Basketball League Salary, Camp Novo Selo Kosovo Map, Dandan D2 For Sale, Blue Skeleton Haunted House 2020, Check My Scratch Card Online, A129 Mangusta Vs Apache, Mark Macon Net Worth, How Far Can You Travel On A 50cc Scooter, Dana Powell Age, Un Chat Peut Il Vivre Dans 2 Maisons, Bmw E21 Engine, Brooke Butler Wiki,