Email: info@awmi.net Invite the youth to share what they learned from the Spirit as they studied. That means John was greater in the sight of Jesus than Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, or any Old Testament character you can name. You have Christian brothers and sisters who will see you through your doubts and point you to faith in Jesus. That kind of faith can overcome any doubt you might face in your life. So what does the first prophet in 400 years do when facing a little doubt? How can simple habits like scripture study and daily prayer help us build on and stay true to the faith we do have? No one is immune to doubt. Peter did walk on the water, that is until his doubt got to him. Maybe it’s because He loves you so much that He’s trying to help you operate in the highest form of faith — faith that takes Him at His Word. It can and does happen to us all. “Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Confide in friends. Maybe you just thought you saw a dove. doubt that God hears me or will answer my prayer .sometimes I just don’t know how to seek him and he seems quiet especially when it such a longing in my heart .but I like what you say that our faith is in God ,to have complete faith in him .those are one of my favorite verses about faith and mountains in Matthew. The centurion had a faith that was in God’s Word alone. (John 16:33) His Word is still true even in dark times when all we have is a, You may have doubts because Satan wants you to be ineffective in the kingdom of God; or maybe it’s because don’t yet know the love and forgiveness of Jesus. Your email address will not be published. But those times when Doubts overwhelm; those situations where I have no control, I look to God. How did scripture study habits affect the young man in the video? To prove to them that these were not just fables he made up, Peter refers to the time they were with Jesus on the mountain. 1. It is normal to ask questions, and when we faithfully search for truth, we strengthen our testimonies. Required fields are marked *. 2. Our faith should inform us that God is there for us and will provide in due time. Ask the youth to share what they learned today. It’s time for you to get out the doubt, and truly live by faith! Why? Check it out here ~. Here is another article you might find helpful – https://walkinghope.com/walking-with-hope-in-the-kingdom-of-god/ He takes his questions to Jesus. What difficult questions about the gospel do some youth seem to be struggling with? If Jesus would just give him a word, that was all he needed. My soul also is greatly troubled. Are you facing doubts about our faith? Ask each group to look in Elder Cook’s talk to find out how their stumbling block can weaken faith and also give an example of how faith is weakened when individuals allow this stumbling block into their lives. Jesus walked up to Thomas and told him to put his finger into the print of the nails and thrust his hand into Jesus’ side and to not be faithless but believing. In the following verses he explains that God provides for all the needs of the natural world and God cares and will take care of you as well – “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” (Matthew 6:30). So what does the first prophet in 400 years do when facing a little doubt? He looked down at the water instead of up to Jesus. Do my doubts cause me to seek God’s help? The blind see and the lame walk. However, after being imprisoned for a period of time, he began to doubt. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. But overcoming doubt isn’t just about feeling better; it’s about getting back into faith that only comes from the Word of God (Rom. How can you help them see the relevance of the gospel in daily living? Required fields are marked *. The anointing on his life had to be exceptionally powerful because his ministry defied logic. See Know Jesus or What is the Gospel Anyway to overcome doubt and trust Jesus your Savior. Even the strongest in the faith face times of doubt. See. The bible teaches us that faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen while doubt is the uncertainty of the substance of things hoped for. Your email address will not be published. We have to decide to feed our hope and faith with God’s word, instead of feeding our doubt and unbelief with the lies of the devil. A wavering of opinion or belief: A condition of uncertainty: An unsettled point or matter. Following the inspiration of the Spirit, select one or more that will work best for your class: Bring in three rocks that are labeled with the stumbling blocks identified in Elder Quentin L. Cook’s talk “Valiant in the Testimony of Jesus.” Divide the class into three groups, and give each group one of the rocks. How can I become spiritually self-reliant? We have to get our faith so rooted in God’s Word alone that we can withstand a hurricane. So overcome doubt by speaking God’s word to your soul or by listening to sermons contrary to your doubt. The bible teaches us that faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen while doubt is the uncertainty of the substance of things hoped for. How to be Satisfied – use these 3 Biblical keys. There are some doubts that come to mind that can simply be washed away by just saying “no, I’m not going there”. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. In his book “Hope In The Dark” Craig Groeschel writes, “The more I’ve lived life and the more I’ve sought to know and understand God, the more I’m certain that doubts are essential to our maturity as believers.” This adds a whole different twist to dealing with doubt; that is, when we seek to understand when we doubt the result is our growth, our maturing in faith. Jesus told us to expect trouble, but He reminded us that He has overcome the world. Don’t quit now, the finish line is in front of you and victory is assured. Jesus tells John to look at the evidence. We all know the feeling. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. That came to pass when John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. Required fields are marked *. Will we choose to trust God or to trust man? 3 STEPS TO OVERCOME DOUBT. To reflect on God’s word you create hope and to listen to God’s spoken word you create faith to strengthen your hope. However, when we begin to question with disbelieving hearts, it is more difficult for the Spirit of the Lord to guide us. Because, doubt is an enemy of your faith. That’s Jesus’ method of dealing with our doubts. To overcome doubt with faith, we have to know what causes doubt and how faith works. Your email address will not be published. Maybe you are starting a new job or just beginning and wonder how you are going to adapt to this new situation; doubts cloud your mind. Peter was doing the impossible. And, in the cold, dark, damp cell, John begins to doubt who Jesus is. Let me say thank you for stopping by and reading this post. Jesus said of John the Baptist. Know that you are a blessing. John went straight to the authority. We also have to bear in mind that God will not be angry with us because of our doubt. Paul had faith that God would help him and in his faith he trusted that God would work miracles. Look at the evidence. He reminded his followers that it was through the power of God that he was able to reach out to so many. Faith Key #3: Block the negativity. (For more ideas, see Rafael E. Pino, “The Eternal Perspective of the Gospel,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2015, 117–19.) Even the strongest in the faith face times of doubt. He told John’s disciples to go back and tell him of the miracles they had witnessed and that John would be blessed if he would just believe. And in Matthew 4:4 it is also written: But He answered and said, it is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. 8:8-9). What Jesus did was He perfectly fulfilled the prophecy about Himself, and then referred John the Baptist back to that word. The Savior loved those He taught. 3. Then show them the object. In other words, there is a greater anointing on believing the Word than believing signs and wonders. “But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25). Hi Ray .this is your not favorite sister .read your article on doubt twice .sometimes it helps me to reread stuff.it helped me because lately I have struggled with doubt . Doubts bring uncertainty; they cause us to rethink and rethink, resulting in a failure to act. John had his disciples. What was Jesus trying to teach us here? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. They saw Jesus shine as the brightness of the sun. In doubt we question our next move. Sometimes because I believe that God works in all situations for our Good, I look for the positive and seek to learn and grow through the doubts. Overcome fear and doubt in faith – Prayer for June 9. We do know Jesus didn’t break down the prison doors for John. We can do the same thing. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.”. When the doctor’s diagnosis is bad and no amount of positive thinking will stop the doubt that comes and overwhelms you thoughts. And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me. That would make us feel better. I hope that you found hope and help in your own struggles with doubt. Share how the gospel truths Elder Ballard highlights have made a difference in your life. The reason Jesus didn’t try to make John feel better with a few kind words, an emotional touch, was not because He didn’t care. This we can see in the following verses in the Bible. Turn, O LORD, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love.”. He didn’t give him favor in prison and a new high position like the patriarch, Joseph. John stayed true even in prison. So God will lead us to His written word and give us space to correct our faith in Him and in His word.

Early Cuyler Hats, Can I Pick Up Package From Amazon Warehouse, Neco Williams Wage, Hmfusa My Account, Louis Osbourne Louise Osbourne, Methven Shower Hose, How To Make Pokemon Logo, Harry Kalas Quotes, Android Adaptive Notifications, Avanan Vs Mimecast, Finding Bigfoot Game Ps4, Kenora Thistles Minor Hockey,