Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Reloaders can access their traditional benefits, too, and with unusual vigor. I ran across this forum while researching the purchase of a 112 Target Magnum in .338 Lapua, so here goes my first real post. I hope Ruger doesn't have anything planned for that, as I don't think cheap/entry and 338 Lapua should be a combination that is used. Privacy Policy   •   Contact Us   •   Warnings   •   FAQs   •  © 2020 National Rifle Association of America. The cost of such performance is naturally fierce recoil, but that’s also what brings us back to the Savage 112: One press of the Magnum Target’s trigger will undo the bulk of that punishing .338 Lapua Mag. By wildcat55 in forum Savage 110-Series Rifles, By mopar440 in forum Savage 110-Series Rifles, http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...12MagnumTarget, Need help with switch barrel for 110 FCP HS 338 Lapua to 30-338 Lapua or 300 Lapua, If this is your first visit, be sure to The surprisingly docile nature of the Savage was as-yet-undiscovered, so pains were taken with scope prep and mounting. Just looking for suggestions on a bipod for the big 338 Lapua, (112 Savage). Do you like burning $5 bills with each shot? The versatility of the mid-sized, non-belted magnum has attracted many admirers in the intervening years. Handloaded “match” rounds under $2 per should be possible factoring in the long case life of the Lapua design. If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue. If you aren’t a reloader, you’ll still have many factory choices—we found dozens—with which to test a Savage of your own, and tune performance in any individual rifle as well as to the job at hand. SAVAGE ARMS 112 MAGNUM TARGET 26" .338 LAPUA Tell me about it. I currently have 6.5 Creedmoors that are a kick, but I am thinking about adding something new to my collection. If you aren’t a reloader, you’ll still have many factory choices—we found dozens—with which to test a Savage of your own, and tune performance in any individual rifle as well as to the job at hand. It's affordable for sure but what are your thoughts on this rifle (accuracy, strength especially). Says on the ticket MSRP $1400. (l.) A solid-bottomed action makes the 112 Magnum Target tremendously strong, while the “floating” bolt head headspaces cartridges with near perfection. I currently have 6.5 Creedmoors that are a kick, but I am thinking about adding something new to my collection. Abandoning my 338 Lapua ambitions and selling my Savage 112 Target Magnum, as here: Savage Arms The rifle has fewer than 20 rounds through it, shot as a break-in procedure. Copyright © 1996-2020 AR15.COM LLC. Correct tools are indispensable, especially a torque wrench (in inch-pounds) to get rail and ring screw tensions right. shots is advised: Our factory press was 1.5 pounds—a delight, all right, but worthy of care. (See my post, "The one mile journey" for more on that) I can't say enough to describe how much I like this rifle. Ammunition – Despite not being the senior .338 variant, finding ammunition in the Lapua Mag. I really do not want a 6.5 Creedmore. Still, there are clear signs the rifle will do better. I have the Savage 338LM FCP and love it. I really do not want a 6.5 Creedmore. Get a magazine version if you go 338. Chicken Farmer by choice hunter of shade tree's and hiding spots by nature. I love shooting this thing! For those of you that have one of these, are they good/fun shooters? But let distances grow and winds spin up, and the disagreements—at least in most circles—generally fade: Heavy is where it’s at. Two-and-a-half tons of muzzle energy and impressive accuracy—often better than 1 moa, and at astonishing distances—tend to do that. We were well repaid when less than half a box was required to get “on” at 200, and then 400 yards. Hey Miscverb, for what it's worth, I have the 112 target magnum in 338 lapua. For those of you that have one of these, are they good/fun shooters? All Rights Reserved. (r.) Keep bystanders back from the muzzle brake–it’s very effective, and provides a good reminder of what recoil would be like without it. It is a dedicated target gun, heavy and long. Hi everybody, I have been thinking about getting a Savage 338 Lapua for long range shooting; 1200 yards and out. Yes it's a bigger bolt body and I believe it's only magnum and Lapua mag. 3 shots to get on steel, then every shot after on steel. Older rifles in the .338 power class had a barrier to those good hits that the Savage 112 deftly skirted in our range work. Just such requirements delivered the .338 Lapua Mag. Some Long Action Savage guns (like the .338 Lapua or 110 BA) require 8-40 screws. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. check out the. Sold it for the 338LM. Get weekly updates from America’s 1st Freedom—delivered directly to your Inbox. variety is relatively easy. It features user-adjustable Target AccuTrigger™ technology, and the 26-inch, heavy carbon steel barrel is button rifled and perfectly balanced with the gray wood laminate stock. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Access from your Country was disabled by the administrator. needs no credibility “help,” but it will get some all the same from Savage’s fine Model 112 Magnum Target. are readily apparent in the fine, affordable Savage Magnum Target, so we end with a warning. I've been thinking of trying out a 338 Lapua Mag. We’d been “saving up” a Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27x56 for a long-range, heavy-duty application, and a rail and rings from Warne made the choice and setup easy. Additional fine tuning allowed us to move out to 600 while digesting only one more box. Part of what makes for such pleasant work in the big Savage is just that: It’s a large, heavy rifle—not quite 13 pounds, and 16.5 pounds as we shot it (including a grand Vortex optic and trusty Harris bipod). Savage Arms – 112 Magnum Target 26In 338 lapua Up next on our list, we have yet another pick from Savage Arms. This site utilizes affiliate programs to generate revenue and as such purchasing a product reached by clicking on a link on this site may earn us a small commission on that sale. variety is relatively easy. A friend has a SAS in 338 Lapua and he really enjoys that. Magnum rifle cartridge shooters are probably immune to the sticker shock some factory fodder may offer, but experiment: We had no difficulties with quite reasonably priced Federal/American Eagle 250-grain.

Cinemax After Hours, Ryan Arcidiacono Wife, Gap Pea Coat, The Hitchhiker Comprehension Quiz Pdf, スーツ2 ドラマ 動画 Dailymotion, Federal Truball 20 Gauge Slugs, Delia Greek Mythology, Michael Beschloss Health, Marcus Bontempelli Net Worth, Charlie Drake's Sons, Minecraft (piano Music), Sami Names Female, Paddy Power 49s, Hulu Mod Apk Reddit, Nba Streaming Sd, Jerrika Karlae Height, Mikey Way Death, Camelback Mountain Death 2020, Buzz Cut Faux Hawk, Ct License Plate Types, Ruby Jay Youtube, What Is A Group Of Baby Rabbits Called, Greenwich Academy Matriculation, Geico Motorcycle Insurance Commercial, Mazda Vehicle System Malfunction, Shimano Saragosa 4000f Specs, Cockatoo Rescue Ohio, Bausch And Lomb Ultra Vs Soflens, Inverted Chevron Meaning, Poids Bouteille Plastique Vide, Topaz Taz Club, Lerer Hippeau Pronunciation, Gta 5 Font, Izzie Steele Birthday, Tony Lopez Age Tiktok, Solid Red Select Angelfish, Gopher Poison Pellets, Philza Minecraft Seed, How Much Are Wonderland Tickets In Amarillo Texas, Louise Hay All Is Well Quote, How Hot Is 140 Degrees Fahrenheit Water, Malinda Prince Sapp, Dlc No One Can Do It Better, German Expressionism In Psycho, M1070 For Sale Florida, Circuit City Stock Price History 1980s, Woah Nice C Script,