​​Current Public Company Directorships: Some in the industry considered it the boldest mergers and acquisitions move in more than 30 years. What does Vicki A Hollub do for a living? Before becoming president of CEO of Occidental, she held a variety of positions within the company, including roles in Russia, Venezuela and Ecuador. Prior to that, she held a variety of leadership positions, including Executive Vice President, Occidental, and President, Oxy Oil and Gas, Americas; Vice President, Occidental, and Executive Vice President, U.S. Operations, Oxy Oil and Gas; Executive Vice President, California Operations; and President and General Manager of the company’s Permian Basin operations. So attending UA for college was always the obvious and only choice for her. Does Vicki A Hollub have a spouse? “It’s been an important part of my life. “I think a lot of Alabama graduates have that, and I look for that now in employees. Ms. Hollub joined Occidental more than 30 years ago and has held a variety of management and technical positions with responsibilities on three continents, including roles in the United States, Russia, Venezuela and Ecuador. She is the chair of the U.S. Secretary of Energy Advisory Board, the U.S. chair for the U.S.-Colombia Business Council and a member of the World Economic Forum, where she serves on the stewardship board for the Platform for Shaping the Future of Energy and Materials, and the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative. Life can take some interesting twists and turns. I knew I wanted to go into the oil industry and be a petroleum engineer.”. I’m just fortunate and grateful.

Ms. Hollub previously was Senior Executive Vice President, Occidental Petroleum, and President, Oxy Oil and Gas, where she was responsible for operations in the U.S., the Middle East region and Latin America. Attending the right school. Making all-state as a French horn player at McAdory High School, she joined the Million Dollar Band and declared music as her major at UA, dreaming of one day playing for the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra or the Boston Symphony Orchestra. In her second year as a mineral engineering student, a professor in the department, Dr. Thomas Simpson, told her about a scholarship and encouraged her to apply. When a fierce competition ensued with a company five times larger, Hollub sought additional investments to up the ante. They were drilling a deep well.

“Graduating from The University of Alabama instilled in me a passion to win,” she said. It really broadened me.”. In 2016, Bessemer native and University of Alabama graduate Vicki Hollub, became the first woman CEO of a major U.S. oil and gas company, Occidental Petroleum. Taking advantage of every opportunity. A year later, the company was bought by Occidental Petroleum. Some of those turns can lead to dead ends. There is no information about her marital status in our records. During her 35-year career with Occidental, Ms. Hollub has held a variety of management and technical positions with responsibilities on three continents, including roles in the United States, Russia, Venezuela and Ecuador.

Hollub said this is the formula that forged her, and she highly recommends that all current and future UA students adhere to if they want to make the most out of their college education and career. Hollub graduated in 1981 and was recruited by a fellow Bama alum to work for an oil company called City Service in Jackson, Mississippi. There is no publicly available employment history for Vicki A Hollub. In 2016, Bessemer native and University of Alabama graduate Vicki Hollub, became the first woman CEO of a major U.S. oil and gas company, Occidental Petroleum. Please turn on JavaScript and try again. She was also selected as one of Fortune’s 2018 Most Powerful Women, a list compiled by the magazine’s editors that examines the size and importance of the woman’s business in the global economy, the health and direction of the business, the arch of the woman’s career and her social and culture influence.
A graduate of the University of Alabama, Ms. Hollub holds a Bachelor of Science in Mineral Engineering. Her parents were huge fans of head football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant, who they later got to meet outside of the Ferguson Center. Vicki A Hollub has moved frequently.

Her goals were grand, but they were in a totally different direction. ​Lockheed Martin​​​​, Ms. Hollub became President and Chief Executive Officer of Occidental Petroleum Corporation in April 2016. Most recently, she served as Occidental’s President and Chief Operating Officer, overseeing the company’s oil and gas, chemical and midstream operations. Ms. Hollub joined Occidental more than 30 years ago and has held a variety of management and technical positions with responsibilities on three continents, including roles in the United States, Russia, Venezuela and Ecuador.

Hollub grew up in a family of Bama fans. “When I got into mineral engineering and got the opportunity to go out into a coal mine, I got traumatized by that because it’s underground, closed in, cool and wet,” she said. Every student matters, and I think the University takes a look at that.”, Distinguished Researcher Continues Discovery to Improve Society, UA’s legendary connections to Pulitzer Prize, Copyright © 2020 The University of Alabama

She was inducted into the University of Alabama College of Engineering 2016 class of Distinguished Engineering Fellows. Vicki Hollub is President and Chief Executive Officer of Occidental Petroleum. Hollub’s grit was on full display as she positioned Occidental to acquire Anadarko. Prior to that, she held a variety of leadership positions, including Executive Vice President, Occidental, and President, Oxy Oil and Gas, Americas; Vice President, Occidental, and Executive Vice President, U.S. Operations, Oxy Oil and Gas; Executive Vice President, California Operations; and President and General Manager of the company’s Permian Basin operations. In 2019, Hollub mesmerized the oil industry when Occidental acquired Anadarko Petroleum Corp., making Occidental the third-largest U.S. oil company. Vicki Hollub is President and Chief Executive Officer of Occidental Petroleum. Ms. Hollub serves on the boards of the American Petroleum Institute, Khalifa University for Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi and Lockheed Martin. Ms. Hollub started her career at Cities Service, which was acquired by Occidental. “I love the University, I always have,” Hollub said. “But then I had the opportunity later in that course to go out to a drilling rig that was drilling. One of the things I did with Oxy (Occidental Petroleum) is I never said no to anything.

Tiefling Pathfinder 2e, Girl Of My Dreams Rod Wave Lyrics Meaning, Ed Henry Wife, Dave Bugliari Caa, Trolls World Tour Songs Reggaeton, Xenoverse 2 Cac Stats, Topkapı Dagger Replica For Sale, Joe Biden Memes Pancakes, Microsoft Forms Pro Pricing, Perkin Warbeck Dna, Hunting Puns About Love, Hk Silencer Tarkov, Ryan Browne Cnn, Fleming Gear Lifeboat, Julie Morelle âge, Mpv High Causes, Monopoly Family Fun Pack Ps4 Crashing 2020, Mfs Dealer Services, Married Life Violin, North Node Conjunct Moon Synastry, Heavenly Joy Jerkins 2020, Dennis Wise Now, Miranda Frum Illness, Activate Equals Card, Cat Bed Swing Homegoods, Apex Bobbed Hammer, Swallow Migration Map, Furniture Companies With Revit Files, Will Kane Espn, Weaver Mount Chart, Jackson Js12 Vs Js22, Uw Foster Freshman Direct Acceptance Rate, Super Lonely Clean, Sierra 69 Gr Tmk Load Data, Marmot Limestone 6p Footprint, Khums On Savings For House, Maplestory Hayato Guide 2020, Famous People From Norco Ca, Real Income Calculator Cpi, Dean Fertita Wife, Zander Diamont Instagram, Mytimemobile Target Com Wfc, Jerry Clower Cause Of Death, Minecraft Supernatural Roleplay Server, How To Draw Meteor Shower, 1976 Bicentennial Flag Value, Centripetal Force Problems And Solutions Pdf, Kevin Gates Responds To Nba Youngboy, Sai Naruto Death, Miranda Pak Instagram, Dead Chipmunk Symbolism, Horoscope 2021 Elle, Chloe Decker Actress, Animal Crossing: New Horizons Tree Stumps Grow Back, Saff Tiger Attack Video, Ajwain In Telugu, Ted Hughes Snow, Husein Madhavji Parents, Super Mario Odyssey Aum World Record, Larry June Songs, Cree Summer Net Worth, Crunk Juice Bombs, Emory Supplemental Essays, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Trailer Guide, Odessa Funeral Home Obituaries, Click Clack The Rattlebag Pdf, George Kittle Cero Miedo Gif, The Long Way Chords, Mikey Way Death, Dream About Bugs Under Skin, Katy Kellner Ig, Johnny Orlando Whatsapp Number, Jake Cuenca Parents, What Colors Make Midnight Green, Sheila Lawrence Wikipedia, St Rear Sway Bar Mk7 Gti, Revival In The Valley Of Dry Bones, Nightmare Captions For Instagram, Fraction Number Line Generator, Ryan Tannehill House, My Family Addams Family Roblox Id, Bash Bunny Payloads, Working At Walmart Essay, Isa Guha Parents Nationality, Electric Zoo Roblox Id, Craig Waterloo Road Actor, Flawless Legs Replacement Charger, How To Read Army Rfo, Mobile Patrol Yadkin County, Mr Cellophane Meaning,