Just trying to see if there are other people in the same boat. “I’d advise calling in the middle of the week, either very early in the morning or very late in the day, to minimize the wait time,” Smith said. The refund just showed up in my account after a week of saying it was processing, and then the status bars were back. Don't worry mine said the same thing took about 2 months first I had topic 152 bars dissappear and amount was gone then it showed amount back and then was approved. I ended up getting a letter at the very end of March saying that it was delayed for 60 days due to them wanting to look into it deeper. This year it is under $2,000. It finally showed up in the IRS app the last few days of April. The IRS says it updates its data on the "Where's my refund?" Do you know what it means if I'm able to see my 2019 wage/income transcript, but when I try to open the account transcript it's saying I haven't filed yet? 303 but none of these situations apply to me. Reddit's home for tax geeks and taxpayers! Has anyone had the state refund hit first? Where’s My Refund tool has been “stuck” on the first progress bar this whole time. TurboTax says that the delivery is between Feb 10 and March 2, and the IRS says its still being processed, and that "A refund date will be provided when available". Do you think I Should I be concerned? A: Tax returns, even those filed electronically, may need additional review for a number of reasons. Laura McGough, a college professor in Northampton, Massachusetts, said she filed her electronic return on March 10 — and is still waiting for her refund of more than $2,000. If you have not filed either, you will not be eligible. “It isn’t computerized. I filed on 2/4/2020. His return needed review because of an uncommon deduction, Hines said. The IRS still hasn't ironed out the glitches from the last one. Filed on the 29th and still nothing. Same, this happened to me. It is moderated by John R. Dundon II, EA of Taxpayer Advocacy Services, Inc. & supported by quality people with tangible insight. The IRS will issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days. For a listing of open offices, visit irs.gov, and search for “appointment.” Look for your state, and then review the list to divine which TAC offices are open closest to you and what services are provided. That's strange. Never had a delayed return in my life. Not completely out of the option but highly unlikely, since you filed the irs has had problems with their servers etc mine says it's been accepted but not sent but I got mine a week and a half ago. (President day). Here’s an idea....in addition to rapidly depositing stimulus, rapidly deposit tax returns. Please also note comments or questions may be used in a future column, with the writer’s name, unless a specific request to do otherwise is indicated. They just sent me a notice on August 6th and I still haven’t gotten it. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This is not a venue to bash the Service. Adam Hines is a certified public accountant, and for years, he managed his taxes so well that he says he either owed the IRS or got a refund of $10 or less. Your tax return is still being processed. Shit I just filed mine Friday, hope I get mine before you too! I did! Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. A second $1,200 stimulus is likely. July 17, 2020 / 6:56 AM Just adding my two cents here -- I filed mine on April 30th and mine also still says 'processing' with no date or anything, 22 days later. at IRS.gov, or automated WMR toll-free at 1-800-829-1954, 24/7. Today I checked and it said “still processing “ my amount is gone but I still have Topic 152 or the processing topic or dd topic, I have heard it could be either topic. News provided by The Associated Press. When I login into the Where is my Refund website it says it is still being processed. I received my stimulus check based on my 2018 return. Returning Member ‎February 17, 2020 10:28 PM. I am really getting concerned. I wonder if it has something to do with filing schedule C. It's annoying every year that we can't file the day they open because the forms aren't ready yet if you have contract income. News, discussion, policy, and law relating to any tax - U.S. and International, Federal, State, or local. Even though I filed in February. Single, no kids my only real deduction was my student loans. Q: I had an appointment to go in person to the IRS to verify my identity so I could receive my tax refund. I filed in march and mine is still in process. If you haven’t done so already, check your refund status through Where’s My Refund? On 04/04/2020 my only bar on Where is My Refund disappeared and I have ” Your tax return is still being processed, a refund date will be provided when available”. She added, "I don't get the gap between me receiving the stimulus check, but not even being able to contact someone about my return.". I filed on the 29th and mine still shows received as the status. I understand that they were being more thorough with returns that had EITC and that they couldn’t be processed until mid-February and that refunds would go out first week of March. “We are making progress on the returns as our staffing levels increase,” said IRS spokesman Eric Smith. What can I do now? Q: Why is there a backlog for electronically filed returns? Q: What should I do if I call the IRS or use the “Where’s My Refund?” tool and still can’t find out when my refund will be sent? When I check the IRS website it says "your tax return is still being processed." With taxpayers filing electronic returns and the IRS direct depositing refunds into bank accounts, the tax season has never been shorter. Q: I sent the IRS a fax with the information that was requested and I’m still waiting for my refund. I have no idea about what going on and I CANNOT reach out to the IRS. Pretty much identical to the returns we’ve filed the last several years. on the refund status instead of the bars. Federal still says "Your tax return is still being processed." The IRS stopped processing mailed communications this spring, sending workers home to avoid the spread of the novel coronavirus. And it was, and that was the end of it. It should be a very simple return. I also filed for the first time with a mortgage in March and mine has not been processed yet. The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning. "Many different factors can affect the timing of a refund. Pissed. Called IRS and they just told me to sit tight without giving any info. It's been 19 Days and my tax return is still being processed. Are you kidding me? Market data provided by ICE Data Services. Mine was accepted early February and it's still on the being processed thing with no expected completion date. Your tax return is still being processed: (2020 Tax Reform) 2020 Federal Income Tax Rules - … This is what mine did for a week before changing to the other message. I filed for W-2 for my regular job as well as a Schedule C for Uber and I only deducted miles. Is it likely that I have been flagged for an audit? This is not a venue to bash the Service. I filed my taxes on 3/26/20 and was supposed to get my federal refund via direct deposit by 4/16. This will show the return processed and the appropriate credit elect to tax year 2020. "The IRS is impossible to reach. However, I did file in February. Depending upon the circumstances, the IRS may be able to resolve the matter without contacting you. My federal return was accepted on 2/9. I am still getting "Your tax return is still being processed." That may provide some comfort to people waiting for the refunds — especially because the rates are much higher than the typical 1% paid by most savings accounts. I am having the same issue. I never received any additional letters from the IRS.Hope this helps anyone! 303 but none of these situations apply to me. I already received my NJ state return on the 5th.Is this normal? I'm getting the same thing for almost 6 months. Potentially they send refunds everyday, but keep in mind Monday is a bank holiday as well as federal holiday so it probably would have had to actually been sent sometime last week if you were going to get it Tuesday. Your tax return is still being processed. I filed my tax return on Feb. My tax refund status finally changed today from YOUR TAX RETURN IS STILL BEING PROCESSED to REFUND APPROVED and TAX REFUND SCHEDULED TO 8/26. The IRS has received 136.5 million individual income tax returns as of June 12, off by 5.3% from last year. Now TurboTax is asking for their $ that was supposed to be taken out of the federal return. We shall seee. It likely means that they need extra information to verify that the info on your return was indeed correct. I'm really hoping that maybe this is just a bug or some issue in their end. did anyone get an answer? Hi, I am still getting "Your tax return is still being processed." It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. No earned income tax credit or Child. News, discussion, policy, and law relating to any tax - U.S. and International, Federal, State, or local. This year, people who got their refunds after April 15 will receive interest on the payment from the IRS. A: “I e-filed my return in January,” one reader emailed. This year, Hines is expecting a refund of about $4,300, largely because he purchased a home at the end of 2019. But other times, there may be a need for a follow-up, causing an even longer delay. In the past I have always gotten my refund very quickly. I too am having the same issue. By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, Discussion of news topics with a point of view, including narratives by individuals regarding their own experiences. I'm expecting a refund but nothing yet. For the most part, the IRS stopped processing paper returns around March 30 because of the novel Coronavirus. That's what they told me, but I called a month ago so there still weren't people back in the IRS offices to tell me what needed verification. “A refund claim could appear excessive, for example, meaning it merits further review. What could happen if I mail or e-file again? I've heard that claiming a home office can be a red flag, so this is what has me nervous. There's no one to call, no one to talk to.". Does anyone know what might be going on. I filed my taxes and they were accepted on 3/27. Although faxing a response saves time, compared to mail, it’s still a paper process. People who mailed their returns this year should expect delays in getting refunds, the IRS has been saying. He says on his side my return says “accepted”. Any payments will be posted as the. Here we are, going into the month of August, and I still have not received my refund.”. The IRS it says "Your tax return is still being processed","A refund date will be provided when available" Why does turbo tax and the IRS are saying different things? Mine was processing on one bar. I just pay them and never had any problem. There are many different reasons why your refund may have not been processed yet, but the most common include: Your tax return … People who e-filed can go to "Where's my refund?" Filed 4/23 and still waiting on it to be processed lol. Only claiming the same couple or credits we get for our two kids and deduct the allowable childcare costs and student loan interest. Now it’s March 13th and it says my tax return is still being processed. When I login into the Where is my Refund website it says it is still being processed. Standard deduction. No stimulus check because of this. Legal Statement. Still stuck at processing. But even that can be a frustrating endeavor. I'm just scared because I did it through TurboTax with a mortgage for the first time and I even had it checked on there to say it looks like a VERY low audit chance or whatever. Never happened to me before. However, I did file in February. From the IRS acceptance date, you should expect to receive your refund in 21 days or less. “Although e-filed returns tend to be much more accurate, there are things that can come up with them that also come up with paper returns,” Smith said. Now it’s March 13th and it says my tax return is still being processed. Much of the delay is coronavirus-related.

Feminism In Ice Candy Man Slideshare, Fresenius University Of Applied Sciences Wiki, Shrm Certification Podcast, Toyota 86 Invidia Exhaust, Gospel Of Jesus' Wife, Used Bob Dylan Vinyl, Songdo, South Korea, Porsche 911 Hd Wallpaper, Trulia Condos For Sale In Holland Michigan, Sbi Saving Account Rules, Green River State Park, So Sanaeha Eng Sub Ep 1 Facebook,